This Policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you use our website or services (“Service”);
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information;
- Your choices about how we use and disclose your information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Service;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Service. By accessing or using our Service, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our Service after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your preferences, your use of our Service, and your location information;
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Service, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies;
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Service or subscribing to our services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Service and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- Your search queries on the Service.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Service with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Service, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser
The information we collect automatically may also include usage details, such as the pages you visit on our Service, the time and date of your visits, and the links you click on while using our Service. We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Service and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Service, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hivelight, our customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Hivelight. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Hivelight to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Service and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) on the NAI’s website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Service, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Service users.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and credit card information will be processed and stored by a third-party payment processor and subject to their security protocols.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our California Privacy Notice.
EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA) AND UNITED KINGDOM (UK) RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the EEA or UK, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal data on the following legal bases:
- Consent: If you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose, we will process your personal data based on that consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract: We may need to process your personal data in order to perform our contractual obligations with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your personal data for our legitimate interests, such as providing and improving our Service, conducting analytics, and for fraud prevention purposes.
Subject to certain exceptions and limitations, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right to access your personal data and to data portability;
- Right to rectify your personal data;
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to request that your personal data be erased;
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- Right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
We may transfer your personal data to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or UK. We will ensure that any such transfers are subject to appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to protect your personal data.
If you are a resident of the EEA or UK and believe we have infringed your rights under applicable data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we handle your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com so we can try to resolve the issue.